Founded in 1986, our client is a quality supplier with more than 25 years of experience in controlled environments. Their priority is total contamination control. Their tailor-made solutions and quality of the products makes this company unique. This company is a preferred contamination control partner in Belgium, the Netherlands and elsewhere due to the organisation (ISO 9001:20015 and ISO13485:2016), the knowledge and know-how of their specialised staff.
What is your job?
The key account manager is responsible for handling the most important client accounts in Belgium. This role reports directly to the CCO Benelux. Clients are active in the pharmaceutical, biotech and semiconductor production or clean room environment. These accounts make up the highest percentage of company income, and the key account manager must build and maintain a strong relationship with the client. They will be the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed. The key account manager will also bring in new business from existing clients or contacts and will develop new relationships with potential clients.
Next to that the KAM will support the internal sales team by being available for questions and actively coach the sales representatives.
Key Account Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company
- Resolving key client issues and complaints
- Developing a complete understanding of key account needs
- Anticipating key account changes and improvements
- Managing communications between key clients and internal teams
- Overseeing account team assigned to each client
- Strategic planning to improve client results
- Negotiating contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the client
- Collaborating with the sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
- Analysing client data to provide customer relationship management
- Expanding relationships and bringing in new clients.
Who is the candidate we are looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with a former experience as key account manager. This implies having had clients with high revenue and managing complex project with contact at C level.
You need to be fluent in Dutch and French and have a good knowledge of English.
The ideal candidate recognises these skills, characteristics, and achievements:
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyse data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- Four to five years’ previous work experience in sales, management, key account management, or relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
What is the offer?
This role will allow you to grow in a complex sales environment and hone your coaching skills.
You will be able to work autonomously but you will also be supported by colleagues with a high level of knowledge and engagement.
You will work in a company who is known for their expertise in the domain of contamination control and you have a good amount potential in the market to develop the results.
Want to take this challenge?
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com and tell us a little more about yourself. We will hear from you soon!