We are looking for a Medical Science Liaison – Respiratory diseases – Walloon Region and Luxembourg.
The company we are recruiting for, is a is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company whose innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. The pipeline of this company forms a robust portfolio of experimental therapies in varied stages of clinical development. The focus is on the following: Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases; Oncology; Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity; Infection and Neuroscience. This company has also been voted one of the top science employers worldwide.
The function is 80% based in the field. The role will work in strong collaboration with the medical affairs manager who is office-based and will report to the medical affairs lead of the therapeutic area (TA) Respiratory & Immunology (R&I).
What is your job?
– Conduct scientific exchange and collect customer insights:
The MSL role typically interacts with a target list of expert customers of between 40-50 people in which the role will develop strong strategic partnerships driven by the science and the Therapeutic Area strategy. During these interactions that are non-promotional in nature and driven by a clear (customer) objective, a lot of customer insights are gained that need to flow back to the brand teams.
– Cross-functional scientific exchange and communication with internal stakeholders:
The MSL role is also very active in enabling other functions through internal education and support based on their knowledge from the customers and the Therapeutic Area.
– Gain input from and co-create projects with Key Opinion Leaders:
The MSL role typically organizes and leads meetings with KOLs to gain their input on well-defined data sets or projects to advance the Therapeutic Area strategy. They will recruit participants to these meetings from their target list.
– Manage scientific partnerships with Key Opinion Leaders.
Who is the candidate we are looking for?
- Ideally you have a first experience as MSL in the Pharma or Biotech field
- A highly scientific background and expertise in the domain of Respiratory diseases (PhD), is a must for candidates who want to enter into the pharmaceutical industry
- Business acumen and strategic insight.
- Presentation skills and communication skills
- Native or excellent French with good command of English
- Work autonomously and make the right priorities in a complex work environment with a high number and variety of requests
- Be flexible, resilient and decision oriented
- Organizational skills and project management skills
What is the offer?
The opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, they are on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. They need great people who share the passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world.
The company has a huge pipeline of innovative products.
This role is situated in a highly qualified team of medical affairs colleagues. You will have the opportunity to grow your expertise and skills as a medical affairs manager and you will have many challenges that can allow you to evolve further content wise and career wise.
Want to take this challenge?