This company is dedicated to providing innovation and choice in women’s health, with a particular focus on fertility, contraception and menopause. Their goal is to develop new and improved products that meet women’s needs for better safety and convenience. The company also develops, manufactures and markets complex therapeutics and offers partners a complete spectrum of research, development and specialist manufacturing at its CDMO.
The company was founded in 1999 as a spin-off of the University of Liège and has an approximate headcount of 170 staff members.
What is your job?
We are looking for a Medical Information Officer to join the Pharmacovigilance department.
Ensuring the implementation of an appropriate internal procedure for approving advertising, various promotional activities and Medical Information provided by the Company in collaboration with the scientific staff, and in particular Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs. Share and use scientific expertise in the field of medical information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the information provided by the company (eg. questions from patients, health care professionals,…) in collaboration with the scientific staff
- Ensure the review and approval of advertising projects in accordance with local regulations
- Oversee the training of medical representatives who visit doctors, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals
- Verify the compliance of the SmPC, the leaflets and their translations
- Ensure compliance with regulations on “premiums or advantages”, “samples” and “betransparant.be”
Who is the candidate we are looking for?
- PhD or Master degree in Sciences (Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of pharmaceutical information, pharmacovigilance and/or regulatory affairs
- Agreement number as Responsible for Information & Publicity approved by the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products in Belgium and experience with the Belgian Transparency Platform (betransparent.be) is a plus
- Good knowledge of French, English and Dutch (speak, write and read). Any other language is an asset
- Being able to work independently and accurately
- Strong communication and social skills
- Proficiency with word processing software (MS Word), spreadsheet software (MS Excel), and presentation graphics software (MS PowerPoint)