pharma.be is looking for an enthusiastic colleague to reinforce its team.
pharma.be, located in Brussels, is the voice of the innovative Belgian – human and veterinary medicine – pharmaceutical industry. As interest group it represents 130 small and large innovative pharmaceutical and biotech companies and is the centre of excellence for the industry. Our members are a major contributor to the Belgian economy. They supply 80 percent of all medicines used in Belgium and have more than 42.000 employees. As an interlocutor, pharma.be is closely involved with the societal and public challenges in health care.
One of the major challenges for our sector is to make new innovative medicines available to the Belgian population. Furthermore, patients want to be more engaged in their healthcare decision-making process. There is a strong need to facilitate and support the active involvement of patients in their own care, in order to enhance safety, quality and people-centredness of health care service delivery. The added value of a collaboration between patients and pharmaceutical companies is undeniable.
To develop relationships with key opinion leaders, patient organisations and professional groups, to follow up scientific innovation in our sector, we are looking for an enthusiastic full-time colleague to reinforce our team.
Primary responsibilities of the Medical Advisor function
The Medical Advisor will be part of the pharma foresight team and his/her main responsibilities will be focused on 3 pillars:
1. Follow-up on scientific innovations in our sector: manage the knowledge and appropriately share the knowledge of future medical-pharmaceutical trends (eg personalized medicine, genetics, future research trends).
2. Patient engagement: it is important to listen to and understand patients’ needs necessary to focus on products and services that really benefit them and create even more added value. Within our association, you are the point of contact for patient organisations.
3. Deontology: you are responsible for the deontological rules of pharma.be and monitor the application thereof by our members (including Mdeon).
Your will report directly to the CEO of pharma.be.
Skills required for the role of Medical Advisor
Intellectual and business acumen
- Doctor or master’s degree in medicine.
- At least 5 years of experience working in either the pharmaceutical industry, health care authorities, hospitals, etc…
- Knowledge of the Belgian healthcare system is an asset.
- Microsoft skills.
- Have a dynamic and strong personality, proactive, assertive with the needed stress resistance, flexibility and collegiality are decisive personality factors.
- Must have strong collaborations skills to successfully work in a membership environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within pharma.be and the members.
- Proactive, high energy, hands-on, make-things-happen executive; must have a results-oriented work ethic, a positive can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a keen sense of what it takes to get the job done, strong operating skills and a sense of urgency.
- Professional proficiency of French, Dutch and English.
- Highest personal values and ethical standards, being discreet and able to guard confidentiality.
pharma.be offers a dynamic working environment where communication, teamwork and quality are crucial. You will be offered personal development opportunities and a competitive remuneration package.
Want to take this challenge?
Send your resume to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little more about yourself. You will hear from us soon!