pharma.be is looking for an enthusiastic colleague to reinforce its public health team.
pharma.be, located in Brussels, is the voice of the innovative Belgian – human and veterinary medicine – pharmaceutical industry. As interest group it represents 130 small and large innovative pharmaceutical and biotech companies and is the centre of excellence for the industry. Our members are a major contributor to the Belgian economy. They supply 80 percent of all medicines used in Belgium and have more than 43.000 employees. As an interlocutor, pharma.be is closely involved with the societal and public challenges in health care.
To strengthen the impact of pharma.be in the public health aspects related to the association, internally and externally, pharma.be is looking to strengthen its team with a Public Health advisor. The public health team manages a variety of dossiers including clinical trials, registration of medicines, labelling and packaging, post registration activities such as variations, pharmacovigilance, safety, distribution, patient support programs, availability of medicines, vaccines, sustainability, and more.
Thhe Public Health Advisor reports to the Secretary General & Public Health Director.
Primary responsibilities :
- Prepare files, presentations, and conducting meetings with member companies and external meetings within the priorities of the public health team.
- Collaborate with other pharma.be teams on the public health aspects of medicines and healthcare policies (e.g. creation of positions, stakeholder mapping, outreach to stakeholders,…).
- Actively engage in the relevant pharma.be’s task forces, focus groups and platforms where member companies discuss and develop their positions.
- Respond to questions regarding public health topics from members, partners and stakeholders.
- Keep members and partners informed in collaboration with the communication team about the latest public health information via various channels like extranet, newsletters, brochures, information sessions and working groups.
- Establish connections with relevant stakeholders such as federal administrations (e.g. Famhp) and other professional (industry)associations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hold a master’s degree in sciences like Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology,
- Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, …
- Minimum of 2-year experience in a relevant company, administration or association within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Working experience of regulatory affairs and/or clinical trial is preferred.
- Dynamic and ambitious professional willing to gain insight in and be part of the pharmaceutical policy in Belgium, with a special focus on public health issues.
- Fluent in Dutch, French, and English with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in public speaking and networking.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to collaborate with others to leverage internal expertise and achieve mutual objectives; as a team player, it is the result of the team which is most important for you.
- Demonstrates flexibility, collegiality and proactive initiative for handling various dossiers and topics.
- Service-oriented towards member companies and partners, attentive to their needs.
- Applicants should like working in a collaborative environment with people in diverse contexts and with different work styles.
- We seek committed, focused, motivated, trustworthy, and results-oriented candidates.
- We offer a dynamic working environment where communication, teamwork and quality are crucial. You will be offered personal development opportunities and a competitive remuneration package.
Want to take this challenge?