Health Economics Manager – BeLux
Our client is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company whose innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. The pipeline of this company forms a robust portfolio of experimental therapies in varied stages of clinical development. They focus on the discovery, development, and commercialization of medicines in Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals, including Cardiovascular, Renal, & Metabolism as well as Respiratory & Immunology.
This company has also been voted one of the top science employers worldwide.
What is your job?
The Health Economics Manager is responsible for the development and the execution of the health economics activities (market access analytics) linked to the BeLux reimbursement strategies in Oncology/Haematology, Respiratory & Immunology as well as in the Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolic area.
This person has the overarching responsibility in guiding and steering the team members for modelling activities and budgetary calculations as well as leading the implementation of innovative access strategies (e.g. outcome based agreements) for local pricing and reimbursement dossiers.
Furthermore, you will be a pivotal partner in developing the appropriate market access strategy in close collaboration with the team members.
Have a broad understanding of the payer needs and priorities and ensure critical evidence is explored, compiled or generated to support market access plan development and execution, in line with key strategic business objectives. Foster a close collaboration with the international colleagues within the company leveraging opportunities and building synergies where possible.
What are the key responsibilities?
· Responsible for managing and coordinating the Belgian health economics (HE) activities.
· Active collaboration with local Government Affairs and Market Access teams to ensure alignment between HE activities and needs for reimbursement and patient access.
· Responsible for driving innovation within the area of market access by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop innovative access solutions together with the local teams & being responsible for assessing the financial impact and possible risk.
· Contributing to the cross-functional strategic sessions with medical, marketing, market access colleagues.
· Building bridges and transfer knowledge between the different therapeutic domains.
· Review available evidence and ensure data gaps are assessed ensuring a solid localised value story for reimbursement to address payer, physician and patient priorities.
· The HE Manager will report into the Gov. Affairs & Market Access Director BeLux and will partner closely with the entire Government Affairs & Market Access Team.
Who is the candidate we are looking for?
• Experience in Health-Economics, data analytics (eg. financial & budgetary modelling etc…) within pharmaceutical, consultancy or similar industry both from a technical perspective as well as for payer value communications.
• Have an understanding of healthcare landscape in BeLux.
Holding a relevant academic degree (PhD, MSc, MBA or equivalent, preferentially economics, health economics etc.)
• Fluent English
• Strong communication & influencing skills.
• Ability to prioritize effectively, based on business needs
• Pro-active can do mindset looking for opportunities
• Analytical skills, eye for detail
• Experience with managing complex projects across different therapeutic domains and ability to translate key messages in non-expert terminology
• Experience in strategy development
• Strong influencing skills to collaborate externally as well as internally (indirect leadership)
• Creative thinker with strong communication skills
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural complex matrix organization
What is the offer?
The opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, they are on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. They need great people who share the passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world.